The western part of Jutland is home to some of the best and most demanding routes for mountain biking in Denmark. Varde Municipality has eleven of them.
You can experience top class mountain biking in six different areas: Blåbjerg Klitplantage, Bordrup Klitplantage, Søndre Plantage, Sønder Heden Plantage, Ølgod Byskov and Ansager Plantage.
Especially Blåbjerg Klitplantage is widely accepted as one of the undoubtedly best trails in Denmark and among the prestigious “10 spir”. This area has previously been the venue for the Danish national championship in mountain biking.
The local cycling club in Varde has several mountain biking events each year. For example Invita MTB Race in Blåbjerg which is the biggest mountain biking event in western Jutland.
- Blåbjerg Klitplantage: Three tracks – easy, medium hard and marathon. Address: Blåbjergvej 100, 6830 Nr. Nebel.
- Bordrup Klitplantage: Three tracks – easy, medium hard and hard. Address: Blåvandvej, 6857 Blåvand (close to Bordrupvej).
- Søndre Plantage (Grusgraven): Two tracks – medium and hard. Address: (Close to Ribevej 79) and (close to Roustvej 106), 6800 Varde.
- Sønder Heden Plantage (Militærskoven): One track – medium hard (with an easy shortcut). Address: Søndermarksvej 20, 6800 Varde.
- Ølgod Byskov: One track – easy. Address: Skolegade 22, 6870 Ølgod.
- Ansager Plantage: One track – easy. Address: Grødevej 2, 6823 Ansager.